Google+ What I Made Today: Time with a Friend

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Time with a Friend

Today I made time for a friend. And she made time for me too. She picked me up at my little hut and took me to her warm and cozy home. She made me tea and fed me chicken pot pie. There were even chocolate cupcakes involved! She delivered me back home safe and sound and with a full tummy and heart.

It was a grand time of simple pleasures, the kind that conjure deep gratitude. Gratitude for the sustaining and nourishing relationships in my life ... gratitude for friendships and gratitude for love of the simplest kind.

A simple prelude to thanksgiving.


8 comments:

Divaeva said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful afternoon - with chocolate cupcakes as a cherry on top! :)

Anonymous said...

Is always really nice when we make time to hang out with a friend or friends! Sounds like you had a wonderful time! n_n

Unknown said...

aw, it was so great to see you!! i forgot to give you your book!!!

KrisMrsBBradley said...

How nice!

Crystal said...

It's important to have friends that love you.... and that bake too!

LiPeony said...

sounds like the perfect day... old friends and warmness and chocolate cupcakes! woot! Glad you had such a great time at your friends! =D

Lucas said...

Wonderful day!

I LOVE cupcakes!:D

Nao said...

Tea with good friends, in cozy houses, is one the best things to do. I find the most magikal conversations are born out of these kinds of afternoons. Nothing like being full in the belly and in the heart, oh the healing ways of women.