Google+ What I Made Today: Progress?

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Progress?

I usually have several projects going at once. It's my nature. I neither fight it nor judge it.

I witness such multi-tasking as socially demonized and maliciously labeled as attention deficit something-or-another simply by virtue of being an innate ability of the feminine brain. Women simply have more receptors from left brain to right, making big-pictures, task and mental puzzles, and multiple priorities easier for us to cope with than our masculine counterparts.  Another contemporary side-effect of patriarchy. Children seem to have a growing talent for such capacity, and many are suffering needlessly for it. Oh, I could go on. But instead I'll show you just one thing I'm working on right now:

And now ... I thumb my nose to the current patriarchy and move on to yet another project ... as I dream of progress.

11 comments:

kittyism said...

Good gravy, this is stunning. I love your sense of design.

I also love what you had to say here.

Unknown said...

wow. that's an amazing piece!! i too have a tendency to circle around from thing to thing,...task to task... project to project. its the very opposite of linear... but seems to be the way i work best...

TiLT said...

That piece is amazing! I love the beautiful intricaies of your works.

Luthien Thye said...

OMG! this is toooooo amazing! you are a genius! it looks beautiful, intricate,artistic,fantastic, awesome, amazing, gorgeous,cool, ... are there anymore words in the english language to describe it?

Anonymous said...

Whott! For thumb nosing! ;-)

Your work is just amazing to me, honestly. You're so remarkable talented and I'm in awe every time I visit.

LiPeony said...

that is an amazingly detailed design! Very awesome! I can relate like so many others to the doing several projects at once thing lolol... makes my world go round

Becky said...

what an absolutely beautiful piece - you're very talented!

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That design is STUNNING! I can't wait to see what the finished design looks like!

Michele Reed said...

I am proud of my ability to do many things at once! Your work is amazing...I love seeing the progression!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks everyone - your words are kind and beautiful and they motivate too! :)

Anonymous said...

I love this piece of peace. I love the way you showed your progress on it as well. Gorgeous!!