Google+ What I Made Today: Zuc Soup with Peas 'n' Basil

Monday, August 22, 2022

Zuc Soup with Peas 'n' Basil

Nine pints of zucchini soup with peas ‘n’ basil are ready to be labeled and placed on the pantry shelves.

This is a new soup to me. It was discovered in my search for zucchini possibilities, since the zucchini has been over-the-top generous this year. I feel I’m really going to enjoy this, with the basil sparkling bright yet subtle within it. It's a variation of this recipe, adapted to use my garden harvests, including spring peas that were in the freezer. 

I'm betting that this is one of those soups I'll open up on a winter day, purée it, add some milk or cream and grating of hard Italian cheese, to have with a little crusty bread... and enJOY the flavor of a warm summer day in August.

Peace. 🕊🥒🕊

No comments: