Google+ What I Made Today: Zucchini, Zucchini, and Zucchini

Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Zucchini, Zucchini, and Zucchini


Today is for recalling the comedy of Paula Poundstone (again). It is a day for zucchini.

We got some zucchini shredded for the freezer.

I made a zucchini butter. I already know I’ll be making this again. I want to see how it freezes, because if does well I’ll make some batches for the freezer. There’s recipes out there for this, but - without measuring - I just sautéed some finely chopped onion ‘n’ garlic in a little unsalted butter until translucent, then added some grated zucchini and cooked it down - slowly - until it was soft. I did smash it a bit with my slotted potato masher, and seasoned it with a little salt at the end. This will be really nice addition for our next tapas night.


I made a new recipe for double chocolate zucchini bread. I baked it longer than the recipe called for, and it did sink a bit while cooling, which makes me suspicious about the center. It turned out of the bread tins nice, and we're still waiting for it to cool enough for the taste test. And for the record: This is cake. Just because it's baked in a bread tin does not make it bread. It's cake. Same goes for banana, and any 'n' all others. This had to be said.

And we’ll be making some cheesy zucchini fritters out on the deck this evening to have with dinner, and to pop into cartons for the freezer.

So yeah, today is all about the zucchini. And there’s more in the fridge, and still more coming in the gardens!

Hail the gods ‘n’ goddesses of the mighty zucchini!

🕊 Peace.

No comments: