Google+ What I Made Today: Impressions of Nature

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Impressions of Nature


Springtime vibrates with renewal and what better way to honor that verve than with resurrecting last year's jewelry pressings? I make my base clay pressings during the growing season with fresh plant trimmings so that I have a cache on hand for painting and finishing throughout the year.

Today was overcast, cool and damp, making it a good day to stay indoors and do - well - indoor things! Besides, I have a couple special requests for my Impressions of Nature pendants, so out came my paints and brushes and I got to work. I enjoy every aspect of creating these little pieces of wearable art, and painting them - on a chilly spring day like this - is especially pleasing. As I mix the colors and add them to the pieces, layer at a time, I can imagine, and feel, and sense Nature reviving all around me. I can see in my minds eye, and in these wee images all the color and renewed vibrance of the season right here, right now.

It was a perfect way to add warmth and renewal to an otherwise cold and dreary day. Peace.

21 comments:

Wizardess said...

Ooohhh...those look like they will be beautiful. Has your give-away box arrived? Just thought I would check.

Divaeva said...

lovely!

Healing Woman said...

Your postings put me at peace.

Amber Pixie Shehan said...

Those are simply lovely! Very graceful, and they do seem to radiate. :)

Reeni said...

These are beautiful!

Reeni said...

I just bought the four-leaf clover pin from you. As soon as I saw it I knew it would be the perfect gift for my Mom for Mother's Day! She will love it.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Wizardess - YES I did and I am delighted! I actually shared the book and octopus with a young and fun woman who is starting out on a new life adventure. It just seemed fitting. The wee bunny will be going into a basket for my mom and I'm just started reading the book and already have someone in mind with whom to share it. And the Goddess Stones ... I have them laid out on my coffee table and have been studying and meditating on them. I think these are keepers. :) What a wonderful package - I am honored to have won it!!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Cinnamon-Girl ~ How sweet! I hope your mom loves it and that it brings her great luck! Thanks, so very much. :)

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh my these are stunning..I loooove them! New to your blog and loving it!! Namaste, Sarah

Kim said...

How beautiful!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Welcome Sarah!

And thanks Kim!

Sasa Peace Rocks said...

I love the impressions of Nature!! They are magical! ☮ ♥

india-inspirit said...

they are the most beautiful i have ever seen

Unknown said...

nice!

Wizardess said...

I'm so glad that the box arrived & you enjoyed it. I'm big on children's books, but they don't go over well with everyone else, so I thought I would leave you a little note about it. Cheers!

Tammie Lee said...

they remind me of wonderful ruins, with your own spirit along with the plants in each one~

BrendaLea, the Prpldy said...

Those are really pretty.... I can see how relaxing it would be to work on them.

BrendaLea

Joanne Olivieri said...

So artistic and earthy, love the look

enelya said...

Thank you so much..I received my whimsy last week. I am using it to mark the pages in the book I am reading at the moment, about mindfulness and depression...

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks all - your sweet words are like creative nourishment for me.

And enelya - so glad it reached you and that you are putting it to positive use.

Be well!

kanishk said...

Those are simply lovely! Very graceful, and they do seem to radiate.
free internet jobs