Google+ What I Made Today: Space & a Squeal!

Monday, July 28, 2008

Space & a Squeal!

I framed and hung a couple of old watercolors that I painted . . . one when I was still in the corporate world . . . the other, sometime between then and now. I made space over my desk for them both.
When I got the mail and there was an envelope postmarked from Australia. My most recent Etsy purchase arrived from KateDoodlez and when I opened it I made a squeal of charmed delight!
To purchase a fabulous work of creative expression from a talented 9-year old artist is a truly wonderful thing! Isn't it wonderful? Not only that, but this work by Kate inspired my own recent Witch drawings and paintings. What a sweet blessing.

11 comments:

Dawn said...

Kate will be so thrilled to see her work on your blog. Thanks so much, and I'm glad you enjoy her work. Your purchase has inspired her to create some more colourful creations :)

kim* said...

That is really sweet. It is good to keep children busy/encourage with their favorite things. In her case drawing...

Jaded said...

How cute is that little girl?! Aw! now that is something i'd like to come with my order.

Dressed Up Digger said...

your watercolours are really beautiful.

what a fab buy! i just took a look at her shop too. what a positive boost for her!

s.x

Unknown said...

that is so cute!!! kinda looks like you a little, too ;)

Rocki Adams said...

Love your framed pieces. KateDoodlez art is adorable! A blessing indeed.

☼ Rocki

Jennifer said...

How awesome is she to have her own little cards and everything! Great post :-)

Anonymous said...

very lovely! the frame really accentuates the beautiful artwork!

tattytiara said...

Those watercolours look wonderful. What a sweet card!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you for your kind words toward my artwork. And I so glad that so many of you enjoyed my purchase from Kate and I hope that you visit her shop to see her other creations!

admin said...

Nice work :) !!