Google+ What I Made Today: Alchemy

Monday, July 28, 2008

Alchemy

My friend Sherrie pulled a black pseudo suede coat out of the garbage and brought it to me - as a gift. Garbage as a gift! That means so much to me. I LOVE it! She said she knew that I would be able to make something of value with it. 

Base metal to gold, baby! Base metal to gold!

My upcycling efforts began with a small gift of gratitude for her. It needs a detail, but is almost done. But that's for her. This morning I was inspired to create something for me. ::squeal of delight:: Something to enable my paint brushes to travel easily with me. And so I followed through on that inspiration . . . 
It's very rock-n-roll-n-rough around the edges, but it is highly functional! I'm pleased.

As I surveyed and cut the old coat I spotted a pocket. A pocket already made for me. A pocket with snap closures. A pocket that is a perfect size for my Spirit Cards . . . 
That's what I made today. Base metal to gold! And the day is still so young! 

12 comments:

Ann said...

Wow! What a great way to upcycle and make use of the coat!

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Brilliant re-use of the gift from your friend. She certainly was right about you being able to use it.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! That's really inspiring! I love it when people upcycle things, and it was so creative!

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great carrier for brushes..Darn, your clever. Like the pocket idea too..The cards look really lovely..Good job..

Anonymous said...

Not that I need an extra anything to visit your sites, but most definately there was a little extra pull today, so I came, and now I know why....
I am SO GLAD you enjoyed that coat!!! Im so glad I listened when I grabbed it... and I shall keep listening for those whispers. (especially the loud ones!! LOL) and I am excited too... a surprise! yeah!!
(((hugs)))

Unknown said...

wonderful, what a great way to use that coat, I love the paint brush holder!:)

Amanda said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! Looks like this was a great coat! And those zucchini pickles look interesting... I've never had anything like that before.

Unknown said...

you are truly amazing!!!!

Sara said...

I too get excited by garbage! haha. Great post.

Anonymous said...

The brush case is awesome - definitely have to make one for myself!

Julie said...

Wow, very nice!

SuzeesJubileeZ said...

I really enjoy your Blog and your resourceful ways. It makes me smile Thank you. Susan