Google+ What I Made Today: Harvests . . .

Friday, July 11, 2008

Harvests . . .

The day started with a beautiful deer wandering through the yard. I managed some Saturday class prep and Sunday farmers' market prep early in the day before heading out to tend to utilitarian errands.

Once home again, the gardens called to me with pinching, tying, mulching and harvesting to tend to . . . 
 

Vibrant red and black currants that will likely end up in a mead or wine. 


A few of the smaller garlic bulbs were ready to be pulled.


I paused and made time to enjoy the blossoms of July.

And the day began its closing act with an honor to the verve of Deer that opened my day. This while relaxing on the deck sipping a nice California Asti embellished with a few currant berries and crunching potato chips. That's right--potato chips. 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahhhh - sounds wonderful! I made some kick ass jalapeno and cheddar turkey burgers and sipped some yummy Nappa Valley Chardonnay - life is so sweet! *hugs*

Anonymous said...

It looks like a fair amount of currents survived the assault of your flying friends.

storybeader said...

you photography is great - so vibrant! Making wine, are you? When I think of wine making, my thoughts always come back to Lucy and Ethel in that vat with the berries! hehehe

GREEN SPRINGS BODYWORKS said...

Very nice blog and photos, check out my blog I just started so any advice would be great.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, what a wonderful sounding day! I spent 2 hours on the patio this morning with the cats, enjoying a cup of tea and the morning sun...it's becoming a ritual with us.

saffron said...

Wow, what gorgeous harvestings! I harvested a little, too... a VERY little! But I'm still proud of it!!

Tammie Lee said...

wonderful day you had! Your images bring it all to life, lovely!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all for your comments - I appreciate them all! The garden is exploding and I'm still managing summer-to-autumn plantings, so it's keeping me really busy!

But I'm not complaining!

:)

cjbc said...

I really love your photography! Your blog is inspiring and beautiful. Thanks!