Google+ What I Made Today: Peace with Pink

Thursday, July 3, 2008

Peace with Pink

Today I woke and made coffee and time for my journal before firing up this electronic oracle and discovering so many responses to yesterday's Win a Whimsy. I made time to chuckle as I delighted in the comments. So, right now, in this moment, I make a gesture of gratitude to you, kind reader, for making the time to play!

I spoke with a friend of mine, a Master Gardener, who is also experiencing below par rhubarb harvests this year, which - for me - means less Rhubarb wine and mead this season. I've typically harvested 60-70 pounds and this year only 10-15 pounds. I managed to make a harvest of another 5 pounds. Slim pickings, but I'm still grateful.


With one of my 5 pound batches, I started of batch of wine. Oh, the drama . . . the drama . . .


Before the early-evening rains of summer tumbled from the sky I made peace with pink.


That's what I made today.

9 comments:

tattytiara said...

Rhubarb wine! Now that I've never tried. I just realized that I don't see rhubarb plants everywhere like I used to. Growing up I literally thought it was a weed. A tasty one that people liked, but an urban invader all the same.

Heather said...

I am very envious of the rhubarb :) My grandma used to grow it when I was a kid. She'd make us rhubarb pies and spread for our toast.

Patrizia said...

I adore pink, which I'm sure you have noticed!

Anyway the rhubarb looks great though but I have never tasted rhubarb before. I hope to some day.

Sarah Jane said...

I'm sorry that your rhubarb is doing poorly this year. We had a ton last year, but we moved so we haven't got any now. Just a little "potted garden" in barrels on the back porch. :)

I love your flower arrangement! <3

Unknown said...

you know, i think i need to go find me a strawberry rhubarb pie!

Art for Hair said...

Wow, rhubarb wine, I never heard of that before! I love rhubarb though :) Did you know it can also be used as a natural hair dye? I love reading your blog, it's always so inspiring :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you all! Rhubarb wine (or mead) is quite delicious - that is, *IF* you like rhubarb. Especially the way I make it - with TONs of rhubarb.

And artforheair - more, I want to know More ... and I'll be watching for MORE at your blog! :)

Rocki Adams said...

I've never heard of rhubarb wine before! My grandma used to make rhubarb pie - yum!

I love the 'peace with pink' - simply wonderful.
☼ Rocki

magicbeanbuyer said...

hmm..rhubarb wine. now that's one I've never heard of before! very cool!