Google+ What I Made Today: A Tribal Dream

Monday, June 15, 2009

A Tribal Dream


I do my best to honor the blessing that each and every day Is ... yet I do acknowledge the transitions of the seasons with a little extra celebration and conscious intention. With midsummer coming ripe this weekend, and a fireside with friends, food, libation, laughter, drumming and who-knows-what-else to look forward to, I felt inspired to make ... something.

Imagine that.

The muses led me to a mighty bag of fabric-n-scraps-n-notions that I salvaged from my mom when she moved a few years back. There are some "great" vintage pieces in there and among them I found these packages of rick-rack, braid and trimmings and some satin blanket binding ... and in them I saw my midsummer dream ... There in my minds eye was a bit of retro-contemporary-upcycled-repurposed-DIY-funky-goddess-tribal wear!

So now ... the magic begins!

Dream it ... Do it ...

1 comment:

Meghann said...

Ooh you've got me hooked, I can't wait to see what you create :)