Google+ What I Made Today: Sun & Rain Drops

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Sun & Rain Drops

The morning dawned in full sun, yet as the day wove itself toward noon the clouds moved in to create a perfect garden day. Before my pre-rain garden endeavors I wandered into the wooded patch of my little acre and was well met by my three guardian ferns. Their fertile beauty astounds me, charms me, challenges me and delights me. And it draws me in ...

I planted several onion seedlings and harvested the last of my second year Russian kale.
It cooked down nicely and oh so deliciously. I love how a pot filled to overflow ends up as only an inch-or-so at simmering's end.

The rain drops, light though they were, herded me indoors where I continued fixing up and stocking up my ArtFire Studio. I prepped the links for tomorrow's In the Garden show, Colonial American Kitchen Plants, on Blockhead Radio, and began scripting notes for next week's episode. I planned the few words I would share at Janice's memorial service tomorrow night. I talked to my mom and my friend Sherrie on the phone and then laughed like hell with my friend Krazy Kate when she called. Or did I call her? I took tomato sauce out of the freezer, washed the lettuce and have the water boiling for the pasta as I type.

That's what I made today.

7 comments:

Meghann said...

Though I am sorry your dear friend passed, it sounds like you had a good day aside from that - I love ferns also - so grean and lively :)

readingsully2 said...

Lovely and very well written.

Sinclair said...

beautiful and yummy!

tarabu said...

A few lattitudes south and I am in wonder that anyone is still planting onions (the last of ours went in in March!)

It's spittled rain all day here (the day after your Kale) and drove me inside. I made cookies.

I still say that's a good day!

Anonymous said...

You has just recieved this "One Lovely Blog Award" from CharSpirit!Go to my blog and see!

POSITIVE AGENDA said...

I love visiting your homey, peaceful site. It engenders my 'healing feeling'. Thanks. Sorry about your friend.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Just gotta sat "thanks al!" :)