Google+ What I Made Today: A List of Fifteen Books

Monday, June 15, 2009

A List of Fifteen Books

Granny Annie at Writers & Witches & Words, Oh My posted this bit of silliness, the kind I rarely engage in, yet this gnawed on a part of me that insisted I respond ...


fifteen books


Fifteen books you’ve read that will always stick with you.... first 15 you can recall in no more than 15 minutes.

  1. Six of One by Rita May Brown
  2. The Joy of Cooking
  3. The Complete Works of William Shakespeare (not that I've actually read the complete works - yet!)
  4. A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
  5. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
  6. The Shining by Stephen King
  7. The No-Work Garden Book by Ruth Stout
  8. The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
  9. National Lampoon presents Clair Bretecher
  10. The Guide to Self Sufficiency by John Seymour
  11. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
  12. Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers by Stephen Harrod Buhner
  13. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
  14. Harold and Maude by Colin Higgins
  15. The World is Not Enough by Zoe Oldenburg (- the novel that inspired me to pay attention to fiction, something that was neither my habit nor interest as a teen. I think I should like to give this another read ... some 35ish years later ...)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

only 15?

Amy said...

OH man i forgot to take my ginko biloba this morning..lets see...

To kill a mockingbird
catcher in the rye
The Last Lecture
Valley of the Dolls
Of Mice and Men
Diary of Anne Frank
Ten Little Indians/And then there were none
Ummmm. Ok thats all i can think of without looking at the bookshelf! :)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh Rod ... I could have gone on ... and on!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I looked at *my* bookshelf! ;-)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

I did this one, too! Great meme! We have a couple in common.

I had to go look up the Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers book on Amazon. I think I will be ordering that for my husband.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Oh, MrsB - it is a great read - even if you don't brew! Not all the recipes in the book are tried and true and he's upfront about that ... many are "little more" than historical documentation ... and I have a BLAST playing with them!

Slainte!