Google+ What I Made Today: Freshly Formed Realization

Monday, June 8, 2009

Freshly Formed Realization


I give up activities of meaning and value to me just to teach lousy lessons. Lessons that will likely skirt under or soar over the awareness of the student.

It seems that there are those who walk this realm who make decisions about their actions based on a value that will be realized in their own lives and in the lives of others around them. Actions that have some personal meaning. Actions that contribute to something greater than themselves. Actions that culminate with a shared benefit.

And then, it seems, there are those who are simply along for the ride.

So today my charge is to raise my own awareness of this freshly formed realization … and figure out how to make something of value come from it.

5 comments:

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Whether lessons are skirted under or soared over, they are realized and experienced on some level. Or another.

So, my feeling today, in relation to *my* experience, is that occasionally sacrifice of this kind is worthy ... and shoving our light in the face of others may well yield potential benefits.

That's my story ...

Meghann said...

If you are kind to yourself and kind to others, you make the world a better place :)

readingsully2 said...

I see you created a dog in the clouds. :)

Crystal said...

I woke up this morning with these words:
"Walk more, swim less"
I'm finding lots of places it applies today... maybe this is one of them?

Walk your beautiful walk...can the lesson lie in the act of teaching?

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

:)