Google+ What I Made Today: The Most of a Sunny Day

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The Most of a Sunny Day

Today was a mostly sunny day - the first one in weeks, and I made my way into the garden to face facts. Many - if not most - of the seedlings that were put in or sprouted in the past 2-3 weeks are no more. Several of my peppers are in question as well, yet most of the tomatoes seem fine enough. I did more transplanting and put in more seeds and offered blessings yet again. I harvested another half-pound of Melissa to start the infusion for my next batch of Melissa mead - one to make up for the "bad situation" batch the other day. Halley liberated herself and upon her return I hosed her down and then chilled on the late afternoon deck to enjoy the last bottle of our Hopped Porter Variation that I humorously labeled "HPV." Well - I think it's funny. This was one of the best dark ales we've ever made and I savored every drop.
My latest little "Figures of Love" were finally fully dry and I started painting the first layers. Today I cleaned earth and paint from under my nails. Today I made the most of a sunny day.

7 comments:

Allie said...

You have such a positive attitude, Rosemari! And I love those little figurines!

Divaeva said...

whoops! I thought that was the demon's butt in the FB pic....now I see it's his head...<3 him! The ale looks delicious...but I do prefer a yummy martini! *hug*

Unknown said...

HAH - buddy liberated himself too and earned a hosing down AND a brushing through with baking soda cause he smelled so doggy... what a wonderful thing, though... to see the sun... at last... :)

Tammie Lee said...

oh my goodness, that looks thick and rich and incredible.

Meghann said...

Great little figurines, I really love how they are so positive (I want to say cute, but don't want to offend you if they aren't meant to be cute!). I love how they capture the playfulness of the animals. Your porter name is hilarious, and i wish I could have tried a sip - it looks delicious :)

KrisMrsBBradley said...

Going to show my hubby that picture when he gets home! He loves home brews!

LillyShayStyle said...

The HPV looks yummy, haha!
I hope the plants all make it :)