Google+ What I Made Today: A Blessing of Gratitude

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Blessing of Gratitude

Mid-summer arrives and I make a day to - mostly - revel outdoors in the realm of Nature, the sacred places of Green Divinity. I make a day to wander to the pond with the dogs . . . to wade into the intimate embrace of this fluid element surrounded my forget-me-nots, ferns, grasses and trees. I make a moment of pause to feel the silky clay ooze under my feet and between my toes. I make my way through pasture and woods, barefoot and barely clothed. I make my way down the long - very long - driveway to get the mail and up, up, up again . . . and I make a moment, a sacred moment to express gratitude for the simple capacity to do so.

A year ago, I couldn't get out of bed without assistence.

So as the sun takes its sweet time sinking into the arms of the loving horizon this evening, I too will take my sweet time to make a blessing to this life of mine.

That's what I made today.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet sounding afternoon! You are one very lucky lady!

kittyism said...

Beautiful.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Sweet and beautiful indeed!

As for "luck" - I make my own. ;)

Sherryl said...

What a beautiful day. We seldom take the time to appreciate the calm, the reality and the beauty that the world holds for us and be grateful. Thanks, for the snap back.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Aww - Thank you Sherryl. And you are welcome. :)