Google+ What I Made Today: A New & Improved Formula

Sunday, June 29, 2008

A New & Improved Formula


I have been using the same clay-based face cleanser for a number of years now. I make it available to others too. A couple weeks ago I received some constructive feedback from a customer. I realize now that it is the kind of feedback that inspires a "Duh" response.

She said that she especially loved how my cleanser left her skin feeling clean and smooth without the typical dryness that she experienced with "gentle" commercial cleansers. She only wished that it would blend with the liquid easier and ... faster.

I challenged her with my truth that pampering and self-care are a worthy investments of time and effort - that we deserve it. She agreed. She also challenged back, mirroring my own frequently used words, that we are to some degree products of the times we live in ... and so many of us hurry from one task to another, one delight to another, and so even deserving time can be rushed.  Touché.

So each morning over the past several days I've washed my face with varying blends and I'm not only delighted with the outcome, I'm am grateful for the candid words of woman who stands in her truth ... and speaks it. Ashe. Ashe.

6 comments:

Cathe Holden said...

Time for myself. What a concept. I must give it a try. Thanks for the reminder.

Your blog is lovely, I'd love to live a day in your beautiful life...(with brew in hand!)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yes ... it's not about "finding" time, as so many are apt to say ... it's about *making* time!

Thank you cathe!

T.Allen said...

well written and definitely well worth it! there's no time like me time..

Hey Harriet said...

Lovely post. Yes we deserve to take the time to pamper ourselves. I'm all for that! :D

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks a bunch t.allen and hey harriet! Yeah ... we all deserve some love - straight from our own hearts!

Made by Melissa said...

Its great when constructive criticsm is so useful. And its also great when we can find even a few minutes to pamper ourselves.