Google+ What I Made Today: Garlic Scape Pesto

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Garlic Scape Pesto

The garlic scapes were well curled and ripe for "harvest" today.


So, I harvested them!


I lovingly tossed them into my food-processor, added a bit of salt and some olive oil and chopped them well.


I prepped them for the freezer where they will rest a bit before being solid enough make their way into a freezer bag for the deep freeze. Oh, and I got to lick my fingers! 
 

I also put a first coat of gesso on this ... though you might not be able to imagine what it is, or rather--what it will be, but I got that started and in the making! More on this at some point in the future.
 


Right now ... I'm gonna go doodle. Enjoy your Sunday evening! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

They make Garlic Snakes??

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Ha ha ha.

Tammie Lee said...

yum, you make me want to have a garden again! I let everything be wild here, due to deer. Speaking of deer, I waited for the rains and snow to pass to collect the arnica flowers and all but 5 been eaten!Now I look daily for them, feeling as though I am in a race with deer.

So I made dandelion oil instead.
I want both!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Hey - who says you can't have a Wild Garden?

And tell me - how do you plan to use the dandelion oil?

Tammie Lee said...

You new banner is lovely and those strawberry photos especially with the white one, ah!

I still have to learn more about dandelion flower oil. I hear it is lovely for massage oil, for muscles and sadness (maybe of winter, not enough light). Do you have suggestions?

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thank you Tammie! And isn't that white strawberry just lovely. Like a little charm. :)