Google+ What I Made Today: Mini-Journals

Thursday, June 5, 2008

Mini-Journals

Mini-journals, that's what I made. It all started yesterday with the prototype . . .


Which, like so many "firsts" in life, this experience taught me a great deal. Not only about the process of making these little books, but how all things in this life fit together to make manifest something of value, and that beauty as well as value is forever-and-always in the eye and heart of the beholder.


These are all made with materials on-hand.


No fancy craft-paper for me. These are made with pages from old magazines.



I admit I'm on a roll and have more in process. Why? Because it's fun and I love journals and these might make sweet gifts too.

I learned this process from an inspired artist named Tascha in her YouTube broadcast called, How to make a hardcover mini art journal. Check it out and give it a try. Have fun!


7 comments:

nici said...

These are adorable, Rose! Very clever!

Very Mary said...

Loving the skull!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks to both of you! And yeah - I dig the skull. I think it's the cutest of all! :D

kittyism said...

These are great!

I recently made a couple of these as well. I haven't posted them on my journal because, well... they're kinda crooked... but I think I might put them up later on today.

I painted my own paper and used mostly recycled stuff for them as well.

And I did them from the Tascha vid as well.

So cool.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

I love these little journals! And ... Tascha rocks!

tascha said...

Those are so cool! I think it is extra cool that you used magazine paper for them!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Well, thank *you* Tascha, for the inspiration and great guidance!