Google+ What I Made Today: Plantago Salve

Monday, June 23, 2008

Plantago Salve

If you remember, I started an infused oil of Plantago on June 12, and it is ready today for straining and bottling. The color was rich and green with an earthy fragrance . . .


. . . so I strained it . . .


. . . without force . . .


. . . and put a small amount in a glass jar, heated it with some beeswax and a touch of lanolin and stirred it until the wax was fully melted and mixed . . . on a whim of inspiration I added three drops of essential oil of clary sage . . .


. . . and let it rest until it firmed up . . .



. . . labeled it and have it on hand for skin in want of soothing, cooling and healing.

And when that was done I started a new batch of herbal ale. This time, Melissa ale. I know, I know! I still have this process to share here! All in good time . . . all in good time . . .

It also seems that folks really like my spirit cord choker necklaces, so I made a new listing for them at my Etsy shop as well. I think I'll give two away for Win a Whimsy Wednesday this week!

So, there it is: A bit of what I made today.


5 comments:

Dulce said...

Wow I love your blog. You and my Mom have so much in common, excepted the witchcraft part, since I was a kid she has always made medicine from plants and herbs.
Good luck with your shop on Etsy, I wish you many sales.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

) Thank you dulce - for stopping by AND for your sweet comment!

Tammie Lee said...

Thank you for sharing this. Not only is it wonderful information, but it is also beautifully done!
Your images are enticing and wonderful to look at.

kittyism said...

You know, I have no real idea what this would smell like... maybe the sage? Anyway, what I meant to say is that it looks like it would smell wonderful.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thabks Tammie and kittyism! And kitty - the oil itself is very green and earhty - a scent that doesn't appeal to the populous (though I LOVE it) and adding the EO of clary sage offers a bright, clean, airy scent that balances it quite nicely. :)