Google+ What I Made Today: Melissa Ale & a Garden Salad

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Melissa Ale & a Garden Salad

Started a gallon batch of Melissa Ale, using fresh Lemon Balm. I adapted an 1827 recipe from Stephen Buhner's book, Sacred and Herbal Healing Brews. Tomorrow I'm starting another batch of Cardamom Ale because my second adaptation came out very nice and I'm ready to repeat. I love bubbling jugs!


I made a garden salad of mixed cultivated and wild greens and lovely, colorful nasturtium flowers.



Beautiful to look at and delicious to eat.  That's what I made today.

9 comments:

twiddlestix said...

Wow! That salad is amazing! Almost too pretty to eat!

Scott Bulger Photography said...

Home made beverages are the best!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yes, Scott - yes they are!!!

I have some new brews starting today . . . I love trying small batches of old recipes and herbal or unusual brews . . . always fun, rarely a miss and a delight to imbibe!

Thanks.

Tammie Lee said...

Yum to both!

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Thanks Tammie! The salad was YUM! A mix of sweet and bitter greens with the peppery nasturtium topped off with some fresh cracked pepper, a little seas salt, extra virgin olive oil and my season's-end garlic vinegar!

We'll see about the Melissa ale . . . it's a new recipe!

Nicole Huot said...

That looks amazing. What a perfect summer treat!

Callooh Callay said...

Ooh, great idea on the brews. We haven't made any in so long--have to get back to it one of these days.

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

twiddlestix - It was a delicious salad! And I believe we are meant to "eat" beauty! To enjoy life is why we're here. :)

honeydew studio - A perfect summer treat indeed.

callooh callay - Oh yes ... get brewing!

:)

eeniemoni said...

Yum. that sounds fabulous.